- 1 Tools and Maintenance
- 2 What tools are available?
- 3 Project Tools Not Yet Finished Or Functional
- 4 Plans Are in the Works for:
- 5 Photos of Tools Pending Descriptions
- 6 Photos of Tool Areas for Instruction
- 7 Tools No Longer at the Hackerspace
Tools and Maintenance
Finding Information About Hackerspace Tools
Tools in the shop can be either owned by the Hackerspace or hosted by individual members. You will find postage stamp-sized labels with QR codes on all large tools and machinery in the space. Scanning the code will bring you to a page about the tool in this wiki. (Yellow labels are for items owned by the Hackerspace. Orange labels designate tools hosted at the space by members.)
Alteratively, you can read directly through the list of tools on this page and select the links for specific tool information.
Maintenance of Tools in the Hackerspace
Tools owned by the Hackerspace must be maintained exclusively by those individuals selected by the Director of Facilities. Tools hosted by members may be maintained by persons selected by the owners of the tools.
If you think that a tool is broken, or not operating in an optimal fashion, send an email to the atxhs-members group list here.
If you are interested in who may maintain a tool either go to the wiki page for the tool, or look at the Authorized Repair Persons page.
Do not attempt to repair or service any machine in the Hackerspace without prior approval.
What tools are available?
The space already has:
CNC Tools: Lasers, Mills, 3D Printers, Etc.
- Blue Laser Cutter
- ULS XL-12000 "Big Red" Laser Cutter
- Taig Mini-Mill
- CNC Shark Pro Desktop Mill
- Inventables' ShapeOko 2 Desktop Mill
- MakerBot Replicator Dual Extrusion 3D Printer
- Mosaic 3D Printer
- Ultimaker 3D Printer
- Cricut Expression
- SawStop Industrial Cabinet Saw
- Rikon 14-inch Deluxe Bandsaw
- Central Machinery 4x6-inch Metal-Cutting Bandsaw
- Makita 12" Miter Saw
- Milwaukee Heavy Duty Sawzall
- Craftsman 15-inch Drill Press
- Craftsman Scroll Saw
- Grizzly G8688 7"x12" Mini Metal Lathe
- Standard electric drills
- Rigol 2-channel digital oscilloscope
- Tektronix Color Four Channel Digitalizing Oscilloscope
- Hewlet Packard 3588A Spectrum Analyzer
- several Fluke DC Programmable Power Supplies
- several soldering irons
- AmScope Stereoscopic Microscope
- MIG Welder ( TIG, stored offsite. Contact Martin for more info. )
- White Rotary Sewing Machine (cabinet model)
- Singer Ultralock 14U64A (serger, aka overlock machine)
- Book Scanner
- 3'x3'x6' grow tent and light
- Air compressor
- Various hand tools
- Rolling door and auto bay
- Electronics room with numbers of testing tools, soldering irons, donated components
- Conference room, and a large workshop floor
- Various electrical configurations with individual breakers
- Lockable storage spaces
- Comfy seating and wifi!
- a server rack, possibly providing access to VMs and a hackable "sandbox"
Project Tools Not Yet Finished Or Functional
Some Ongoing Projects Needing Work, some of which may wind up hosted by the Hackerspace.
All of these have team leads, so they may not be worked on without asking permission from the Director of Facilities
- Panel Saw
- 5'x8' CNC Mill
- Ryobi medium duty band saw
- Disk/Belt Sander
- 4-feet wide printers
- 1700 F kiln
Plans Are in the Works for:
- electronics workbench and soldering/prototyping tools
Photos of Tools Pending Descriptions
This page leads to photos of tools pending descriptions and cautions for operation: Tools Pending Description
Photos of Tool Areas for Instruction
This page leads to photos of areas for instruction. The welding table, the crafts area, etc. This section will likely be moved for integration elsewhere: Areas with Tools Pending Description
Tools No Longer at the Hackerspace
Tools in this category are of historical interest only: