|ATX HackerSpace Pages relating to the mini-mill|
|Central Machinery 44991 Manual Mini-Mill|
|Edit this template|
This mini-mill is to be used primarily for metal or plastics. Special instructions are needed if using this mill on steel. Do not use on wood.
See also: Taig Mini-Mill
Requires Approval to Become Qualified for Operation
Contact Danny Miller, Joe Ngo, Robert Ristroph to get a walk through on the operation and safety for those tools. The owner, Andrew Darling is no longer in the hackerspace, but is continuing to allow us access to his tools.
As of January 2018, the mini mill is broken in multiple ways:
- The P8689138 gear (Ref #138) is missing.
- The high/low gear lever doesn't engage. Possibly transmission gears P8689080 and P8689140 (Ref #80 and #140) have been sheared off.
- The Z axis won't move. The coarse/fine adjustments both turn, but it feels like the rack and pinion teeth are skipping.
- Dovetail column
- Safety shut off switch
- Adjustable depth stop
- Fine feed head control
- Geared drive
- Clear guard on spindle
- Rubber chip guards on ways
- Zero setting dials read in inches
- Adjustable dovetail ways on column
- 3/8" and 1/2" collets
- 1/2" drill chuck
- Two T-nuts
- Made in an ISO 9001 factory
- Motor: 3/4 HP, 110V, single-phase
- Spindle taper: MT #3
- T-slots: 2 @ 1-1/8" centers, 7/16" wide
- Head travel: 7-1/2"
- Head tilt: 45° L/R
- Max. distance spindle to table: 11-1/2"
- Swing: 12-3/4"
- Table travel (longitudinal): 7-5/16"
- Table travel (cross): 4"
- Table size: 3-5/8" x 15-3/4"
- Range of speeds: Variable, 0–2500 RPM
- Approximate shipping weight: 149 lbs.