Membership Meeting Agenda Items
Revision as of 02:04, 4 December 2017 by Martinbogo
|ATX HackerSpace Pages relating to|
Committees, Meetings and Governance
|Bylaws & Policies|
|Membership Meeting Agenda Items|
|Membership Meeting Notes|
|Access Control Committee|
|Matter Out Of Place Committee|
|Tool Acquisition Committee|
|Edit this template|
Membership Meeting - Wednesday, 12/06/2017, 7:30 pm
Location: 9701 Dessau Rd #304, Austin TX 78754
- Schedule to install the Security Cameras
- All ordered components are now in the ATX Hackerspace Office
- State of the front door, schedule to install push bar + card reader on Reception Door
- In theory we have all the parts in the hackerspace now
- Shop Air Kit
- Purchased from Northern Tool, expected arrival date this Friday or this coming Monday
- BIG kit ( hundreds of pounds ) needs a truck for pick-up at the store. Pipes are very long.
- SawStop : Brake Cartridge Fired -- new blade + cartridge needed
- Purchase a cartridge ( ~$80 ) to keep on standby
- Purchase a blade to keep on standby
- Should we have mandatory training / key-lock-out for the SawStop. This is expensive in time/money.
- Dan DeFellipi @driverdan is now the defacto "Door Access Software" lead.
- Slack channel for coordination is #access-control
- Looking at fixing current software, and next-gen issues
- Stay compatible with the current keyfobs
- Goal is access locks on doors + Shop entry door + Bio Lab, some cabinets, some tools
- Amend the OA regarding Board Expenditures, proposed by Martin Bogomolni on the ATXHS-Members mailing list.
- ORIGINAL TEXT
- Notwithstanding the foregoing provisions of Section 3.1(a), the approval of the Class B Members shall be required prior to the Company taking any action requiring the expenditure of more than five hundred dollars ( $500 ) of Company cash in any single, or series of related transactions.
- AMENDED PROPOSED TEXT
- Notwithstanding the foregoing provisions of Section 3.1(a), the approval of the Class B Members shall be required prior to the Company taking any action requiring the expenditure of more than twenty thousand dollars ( $20,000 ) of Company cash in any single, or series of related transactions in a fiscal year. Expenditures above one thousand dollars ( $1000 ) of Company cash up to the aforementioned limit in any single, or series of related transactions in a fiscal year require the approval of the majority of the Board of Directors. Expenditures below one thousand dollars ( $1000 ) of Company cash and above the petty cash policy of seventy-five dollars ( $75 ) in any single, or series of related transactions in a fiscal year and require the signed written approval of the Director of Finance and the Executive Director.
- Rent the Epilog Legend EXT36 75W Laser for Six Months w/ Purchase Option
- Martin Bogomolni has a laser cutter in pristine condition, with a fresh new laser tube w/ 2 year warranty, new honeycomb bed, and engraving bed. It uses Corel Draw, Adobe Illustrator, and the printer has built-in memory so jobs can be spooled to it like any network printer.
- The proposal is that the hackerspace rent the laser cutter for six months at $350/mo, with a purchase option for $14,400 when the rental period is over.
- The hackerspace is responsible for all costs and maintenance while renting the printer, including
- professional transportation of the laser to/from the facility
- providing clean, humidity free, regulated air for the air assist
- providing proper ducting and a venting fan for the laser cutter to Epilog specifications
- cleaning and maintaining the laser to a high standard ( daily maintenance / weekly cleaning /monthly deep clean )
- To use the Epilog requires a class on it's operation and use, and the course materials are ready. Martin / Rob / Harlan will teach the first classes.