Membership Meeting Agenda Items
Revision as of 02:24, 4 December 2017 by Martinbogo
|ATX HackerSpace Pages relating to|
Committees, Meetings and Governance
|Bylaws & Policies|
|Membership Meeting Agenda Items|
|Membership Meeting Notes|
|Access Control Committee|
|Matter Out Of Place Committee|
|Tool Acquisition Committee|
|Edit this template|
Membership Meeting - Wednesday, 12/06/2017, 7:30 pm
Location: 9701 Dessau Rd #304, Austin TX 78754
- Schedule to install the Security Cameras
- All ordered components are now in the ATX Hackerspace Office
- State of the front door, schedule to install push bar + card reader on Reception Door
- In theory we have all the parts in the hackerspace now
- Shop Air Kit
- Purchased from Northern Tool, expected arrival date this Friday or this coming Monday
- BIG kit ( hundreds of pounds ) needs a truck for pick-up at the store. Pipes are very long.
- SawStop : Brake Cartridge Fired -- new blade + cartridge needed
- Purchase a cartridge ( ~$80 ) to keep on standby
- Purchase a blade ( ~$30-60 ) to keep on standby
- Should we have mandatory training / key-lock-out for the SawStop. This is getting expensive in time/money.
- Dan DeFellipi @driverdan is now the defacto "Door Access Software" lead.
- Slack channel for coordination is #access-control
- Looking at fixing current software, and next-gen issues
- Stay compatible with the current keyfobs
- Goal is access locks on doors + Shop entry door + Bio Lab, some cabinets, some tools
- So that we can move expeditiously on items like purchasing equipment, perform electrical and structural renovations, improve the space by paying contractors to do work, and generally have more flexibility to match our income and our need to grow, Martin Bogomolni proposed to amend the OA regarding Board Expenditures on the Members Mailing List as follows:
- ORIGINAL TEXT
- Notwithstanding the foregoing provisions of Section 3.1(a), the approval of the Class B Members shall be required prior to the Company taking any action requiring the expenditure of more than five hundred dollars ( $500 ) of Company cash in any single, or series of related transactions.
- AMENDED PROPOSED TEXT
- Notwithstanding the foregoing provisions of Section 3.1(a), the approval of the Class B Members shall be required prior to the Company taking any action requiring the expenditure of more than twenty thousand dollars ( $20,000 ) of Company cash in any single, or series of related transactions in a fiscal year. Expenditures above one thousand dollars ( $1000 ) of Company cash up to the aforementioned limit in any single, or series of related transactions in a fiscal year require the approval of the majority of the Board of Directors. Expenditures below one thousand dollars ( $1000 ) of Company cash and above the petty cash policy of seventy-five dollars ( $75 ) in any single, or series of related transactions in a fiscal year and require the signed written approval of the Director of Finance and the Executive Director.
- Rent the Epilog Legend EXT36 75W Laser for Six Months w/ Purchase Option
- Martin Bogomolni has a laser cutter in pristine condition, with a fresh new laser tube w/ 2 year warranty, new honeycomb bed, and engraving bed. It uses Corel Draw, Adobe Illustrator, and the printer has built-in memory so jobs can be spooled to it like any network printer.
- The proposal is that the hackerspace rent the laser cutter for six months at $350/mo.
- ATXHS has a purchase option for $14,400 when the rental period ends. The Hackerspace will need to purchase it using a lease from a lender.
- If ATXHS chooses not to purchase the laser, it will be returned to Martin in the same condition it was brought in, with a clean honeycomb, and ready to use.
- The hackerspace is responsible for all costs and maintenance while renting the printer, including
- professional transportation of the laser to/from the facility
- providing clean, humidity free, regulated air for the air assist
- providing proper ducting and a venting fan for the laser cutter to Epilog specifications ( 800 CFM at 6” of static pressure )
- cleaning and maintaining the laser to a high standard ( daily maintenance / weekly cleaning /monthly deep clean )
To use the Epilog requires a class on it's operation and use, and the course materials are ready. Martin / Rob / Harlan will teach the first classes.