Agenda Items/Archived

From ATXHackerspace

Jump to: navigation, search

Membership Meeting - Wednesday, 10/05/2016, 7:30 pm

Location: 9701 Dessau Rd #304, Austin TX 78754

DEFERRED ITEMS

NONE


DISCUSSION ITEMS

PROPOSALS

Quarterly Membership Meeting - Wednesday, 9/24/2016, 2:00 pm

Location: 9701 Dessau Rd #304, Austin TX 78754

DEFERRED ITEMS

NONE


DISCUSSION ITEMS

  • Treasure's Report
  • Review of Clean-up day
  • Board Position Election - Dean of Education
    • Presentation : Martin B.
    • Presentation : Jon I.
    • Presentation : Hisako P.
  • Board Position Election - Director of Facilities
    • Presentation : Brady G.
    • Presentation : Danny M.
    • Presentation : Dimitry
  • Board Position Election - Director of Administration
    • Presentation : Colin H.
  • Lease / Expansion Status
  • VCarve / CAM class
  • Committee Operation (Director of Operations)
    • Announced Meetings, any member can attend
    • Minimum 3 members
    • Minutes on wiki
    • Failure to meet for 1 month, committee is defunct
    • Required to exercise any control over our common resources (physical items, or a donation collection)


PROPOSALS

  • Break area continued build-out : Martin B.
    • Large format CNC is up and running. I volunteer to design modern plywood cabinetry for the kitchen.
    • Retain current IKEA sink, add cabinetry or shelving over it to store dishes et. al.
    • Need people with basic woodworking experience to assemble / stain cabinetry once cut
    • Simple L-Shaped area with room for the basics - countertops, microwave, cabinetry
    • ~ $300-500 in material, less if we can second-source the material for the countertop

Membership Meeting - Wednesday, 9/07/2016, 7:30 - 8:30 pm

Location: 9701 Dessau Rd #304, Austin TX 78754

DEFERRED ITEMS

NONE


DISCUSSION ITEMS

  • Treasure's Report
  • Board Position Election - Dean of Education
  • Board Position Election - Director of Facilities
  • Board Position Election - Director of Administration
  • Decide if we can vote, or need to leave nominations open longer
  • Lease / Expansion Status
  • VCarve / CAM class
  • Committee Operation (Director of Operations)
    • Announced Meetings, any member can attend
    • Minimum 3 members
    • Minutes on wiki
    • Failure to meet for 1 month, committee is defunct
    • Required to exercise any control over our common resources (physical items, or a donation collection)
  • Schedule Quarterly Meeting

PROPOSALS

  • Exhaustive, thorough cleaning and reorganization of the Hackerspace (Colin)
  • Semi Trailer permanently at the space (tabled due to lease restrictions ?)

Quarterly Membership Meeting - Sunday, 6/18/2016, 12:00 - 3:00 pm

Location: 9701 Dessau Rd #304, Austin TX 78754

DEFERRED ITEMS

NONE


DISCUSSION ITEMS

  • Treasure's Report
  • Operating Agreement Amendment Discussion (no concrete proposal yet)
  • Board Position Election - Public Relations
  • Board Position Election - Dean of Education
  • Board Postion Election - Human Resources - coming up soon
  • Lease / Expansion Status


PROPOSALS

Membership Meeting - Wed, 4/20/2016, 7:30 - 8:00 pm

Location: 9701 Dessau Rd #304, Austin TX 78754

DEFERRED ITEMS

The CNC Router proposal from last meeting carries over:

This proposal is vote on one of 3 options.

1. Convert back to the original setup w/ Mach 3. I used it under Danny's supervision for 25+ hrs with no problems, with both 2d and 3d carving. It was also converted back to the original setup less then an hour. Certification for training new trainers would be under Danny. I am also willing to teach classes on toolpathing and modeling in Fusion360, which we already have installed on the lab computers and should be used for standardization. For future setup, allow Danny 2 days a week to transition to the upgrade, LinuxCNC. The other 5 days a week be available for use to members trained.

2. Buy our own CNC. http://austin.craigslist.org/bfs/5461646871.html. I'd be down to kick in for $500 towards this project.

3. Build our own. Plans to build a 5x10 CNC. Riley would lead the build. BOM would be ~$3500 in parts funded by the hackerspace and/or members.

DISCUSSION ITEMS

  • Social Media / PR chair - should we elect or appoint another one ?
  • Should we have an Events Committee separate from the PR / Social Media chair to organize Maker Faire and similar ?
  • Cleaning up and sprucing up the space
    • Volunteers to paint the front area, need it to be taped
    • Can we rent a carpet cleaner and steam clean the carpets
    • Does someone want to volunteer to fix the mirror in the bathroom
    • Should we re-institute the MOOP Committee to keep the space clean ?
  • Status update on CNC Router
  • Status Update on Lounge Computers
    • A member as volunteered to help set up an imaging system using FOG
  • Status Update on panel saws
  • Status Update on giant smoker
  • Status Update on Clicker Presses
  • Tool Committee Status update
    • Status of desoldering iron purchase
    • General cleanup Tuesdays
    • Shop cleanup Fridays
  • Shop Re-organization
    • Some members feel tools are arranged inefficiently
    • Saw Stop and Dust collector
  • Is there a better "Hack Shelf" policy we could have to contain donated / abandoned issues ?
  • We need "build nights" for the following projects:
    • a hosted Voxel from protobuilds.net
    • the Ultimaker
    • the X-Carve upgrade to the Shapeoko

PROPOSALS

Membership Meeting - Wed, 1/20/2016, 7:30 - 8:00 pm

Location: 9701 Dessau Rd #304, Austin TX 78754

DEFERRED ITEMS

  • None

DISCUSSION ITEMS

  • Board Election coming up for some positions. We switched from being an LLC to LLC-CoOp, Dec 4th, 2012.
    • Board members now serve for one year. Descriptions of the positions are in the original announcement : https://goo.gl/QXOH5Z
    • Director of Human Resources ( Currently held by Matt Mancuso ) term expires 12/04/2015
      • Primary contact regarding member needs, both positive and negative
      • Directs membership drives, public relations, recruiting, and staffing
      • Coordinates w/ special visitors, plans tours, and ‘fun’ activities
      • Develops policies for member safety, welfare, wellness and health
    • Director of Finance ( Currently held by Martin Bogomolni ) term expires 12/04/2015
      • Manages the financial resources of the company, future resource planning, bank accounts
      • Maintains the Budget, disburses funds, accepts payments
      • Files taxes, and prepares and supervises financial reports
    • Director of Operations ( Currently held by Chris McLaughlin ) term expires 01/29/2016
      • Plans, and coordinates the operations and activities of the co-op
      • Establish and implement co-op goals, procedures and policies
      • Develops and executes new hackerspace services from start to finish
    • Director of Facilities ( Currently held by Tim Fredlund ) term expires 02/01/2016
      • Infrastructure chief, in charge of tool acquisition and facility management
      • Safety inspector, responsible for policies regarding facility access
      • Maintains a safe, clean, and useable work environment for the membership

PROPOSALS

Purchase yellow, permanent, security stickers for the new and old keyfobs

Presented by: Martin, Director of Finance
[Link to Agenda Require ATXHS orientation class to get your badge] Discussion

College of Lockpicking Event

Presented by: Chad Franke, Director of Education
Proposal brief: Host a College of Lockpicking Event at the space on [date pending discussion]
[College of Lockpicking site]

Floor Plan Proposal

Presented by: Tim Fredlund, Director of Facilities (Chris McLaughlin, Director of Operations co-sponsor)
Proposal brief: The floor plan laid out in yellow tape will be taken to HPI to bid out to contractors for a build out.
[Link to Proposal]

Agenda Items/Voting Process

[Deferred from last member meeting] Presented by: Marshall Peck, Executive Director, (Chris McLaughlin, Director of Operations co-sponsor)
Proposal brief: Clarification of proposal process. Inclusion of 'proposal page' on wiki. Inclusion of post-meeting remote ballot.
[Link to proposal]
[Link to Discussion Thread]

Topic: Class scheduling and trial classes


Lead Speaker: Chad Franke
This is a placeholder topic, Chad would like to discuss our class schedule
Slides
Background info:Our class committee


Discussion meeting efficiency, timing and scheduling

Premise: Meetings have been butting up against the start of open house due to lengthy agendas.

Obvious exits are:

  • Increase meeting frequency
  • Make meetings more efficient (time keeping, discussion guidance)
  • Change meeting or open house day
  • Dennis

The real question here is how do we solve this problem now? Incrementally, experimentally?

One thing I know works to make meetings short and efficient is having as much discussion on the list as possible.
[Link to proposal]
[Link to Discussion Thread]

Eric Schiele for Art Direction - Payment & Contract

Presented By: Marshall Peck
Proposal brief: Eric Schiele be hired as our Art Director in exchange for compensation per contract - DEFERRED
[Link to Proposal]
[Link to Discussion Thread]

Require ATXHS orientation class to get your badge

Presented by: Martin, Director of Finance; Michelle, Director of Administration
Proposal brief: ATXHS 101 Class shall be required to activate Access Cards - PASS
[Link to Proposal]
[Link to Discussion thread 1]
[Link to Discussion thread 2]

Escalation Policy

Lead Speaker: Marshall Vaughan
Topic: We should be bringing concerns first to the people most involved
Link to potential proposal

Election of Directors

Lead Speaker: Matt Mancuso, Director of Human Resources
Topic: Election over, meet your new board

Agenda Item Organization

Presented by: Marshall, Director of Operations
Related Threads:

Vote Testing (3rd Attempt)

Presented by: Marshall, Director of Operations
Related Discussions:

Visual Aids:

Creating a Communications Committee

Presented by: Angie Bonser, Mandie
Should the membership consider a Communications Committee, or does this responsibility fall under the purview of the Ministry of Propoganda, Director of Administration, Director of Human Resources, etc? The persons proposing this discussion item were not willing at this time to present the topic.
[Link to Discussion]