Problem: The Hackerspace is not perceived as friendly and welcoming
- Member meetings are often contentious and offputting to strangers showing up for Open House.
- Tours are ad-hoc and unscripted, leading to a varying quality experience.
- The reception area is messy and uninviting.
- New member onboarding experience is lacking.
Suggested Actions to Take:
- Better overall organization.
- Reception area overhaul.
- Try and enlist outspoken opponents to provide feedback on efforts.
- More frequent updates to public list & facebook pages showing projects and activities that are happening.
- Write a tour script so that any member can do them and provide a reliable experience.
- Find one or more members or outside assistance for public outreach.
- Private feedback to members when they are "un-excellent"
- Find champions to solicit projects for "show and tell" during open house.