Master Chores List
This is the master Chores list for ATX Hackerspace. If the chore is more complex than a simple sentence can describe, the steps to do the chore and the expected result are documented here.
The main Chores Whiteboard is hanging on the wall as you enter the hackerspace. On the board are:
- Name of the Chore
- How often the Chore needs to be done
- Date the Chore was last completed
- Who did the chore when it was last completed
- Who is volunteering to do the chore next
Please erase or update information only when a chore is complete.
Don't be shy about recruiting assistants and signing off with team names, some chores go much faster in pairs and gangs.
Vacuum Carpeted Areas
- None required
- Vacuum Cleaner
- Carpet Spot Shot Spray Cleaner
- Extension Cord
Location of Materials:
- Vacuum Cleaner is in or near the single bathroom
- Carpet Spot Shot is in the single bathroom
- Get the vacuum and spot shot from the single bathroom
- Empty out the vacuum cleaner if full, check the HEPA filter is not clogged
- if HEPA filter is clogged, get a new one or clean it
- HEPA filter can be washed out, but you MUST wait for it to dry before using it
- You will need at least a 25' extension cord to get everywhere
- Look at the carpet. If there are any stains, hit them with the Carpet Spot Shot foaming spray
- If the stain is stubborn, you can try blotting it with a paper towel .. follow instructions on the can
- The order of rooms to vacuum for best results:
- 3D printing room
- Laser Cutting alcove
- Hall of Stuff
- Old Co-Working area (be careful not to disturb people working)
- Main area .. may need serious stain treatment. Don't fix BIG stains, just small ones
- Reception/Vending Area
- When finished, take the lint container out and throw away the lint/dirt in the OUTSIDE trash can
- Put away the vacuum cleaner, coil the extension cord, and put away the spot shot cleaner
Sweep Dirty Shop
Go On A Drinks Run
Throw Away Garbage / Do Recycling
Neaten Up Work Areas
Hack Shelf / Lost Items
- Lysol ( spray or wipes )
- Windex / Glass Cleaner
- Toilet Bowl Cleaner
- Toilet Bowl Scrub Brush
- Swiffer WetJet Mop
- Rolls of Toilet Paper
- Rolls of Paper Towels
Location of Materials:
- Gloves are near the Tools, latex thin ones
- Cleaning supplies are in the Flammables Cabinet
- Wetjet Mop, Paper Towels, Lysol Wipes, and Toilet Paper are in the single bathroom
- Put on gloves
- Wipe down sink, faucet, and horizontal surfaces with Lysol Wipes, or spray Lysol and wipe off with paper towel - dispose in trash
- Wipe down toilet lid, toilet seat, and toilet bowl rim with Lysol Wipes - dispose in trash
- Spray the mirror with glass cleaner, and wipe starting from the top and go down. It should "squeak" clean.
- Squeeze a generous amount of Toilet Bowl Cleaner into toilet under the rim. Make sure you go all the way around.
- Let the toilet bowl cleaner do it's job while you do the next step
- Put a fresh wetjet mop pad on the swiffer mop, make sure there is enough fluid, and mop the floor.
- start from the farthest corner, and end at the door.
- wait for the floor to dry before re-entering bathroom
- Scrub the toilet bowl down with the toilet scrub brush, flush twice
- Make sure there are at least 4 rolls of toilet paper in the bathroom, and a fresh one on the roll
- Make sure there are at least 2 rolls of paper towels in the bathroom, and a fresh one on the holder
- Sign your name, and date, on the bathroom checklist. It's on the door or near the door.