Note - this tool is no longer at the Hackerspace due to it's owner moving out of town, but it is being replaced by other tools.
The CNCShark Pro, manufactured by Rockler, is designed for machining, routing, and engraving metal/wood/plastic. This hosted machine may be used for wood, wax prototyping and plastic materials. If you need to work metal, you will need to use the Taig Mini-Mill.
Requires a Class to Become Qualified for Operation
Before using the CNC Shark Pro, you will need to take a course from the owner, Andy Darling.
- Travel: X: 24" Y: 24" Z: 4.25"
- High Speed traverse
- Bearings: 12 Precision Linear Bearing Guides (4 on each axis) that maximizes rigidity
- Resolution: less then .001 of an inch
- High Power Hybrid 1.8-degree steppers
- USB interface with on controller memory storage
- 24V Supply to provide full power to the steppers