|ATX HackerSpace Pages relating to|
the Grizzly G8689 manual mini-mill|Grizzly mini-mill
|Grizzly G8689 manual mini-mill|
|Edit this template|
This mini-mill is to be used primarily for metal or plastics. Special instructions are needed if using this mill on steel. Do not use on wood.
See also: Taig Mini-Mill
Requires Approval to Become Qualified for Operation
Contact Danny Miller, Joe Ngo, Robert Ristroph to get a walk through on the operation and safety for those tools. The owner, Andrew Darling is no longer in the hackerspace, but is continuing to allow us access to his tools.
- Dovetail column
- Safety shut off switch
- Adjustable depth stop
- Fine feed head control
- Geared drive
- Clear guard on spindle
- Rubber chip guards on ways
- Zero setting dials read in inches
- Adjustable dovetail ways on column
- 3/8" and 1/2" collets
- 1/2" drill chuck
- Two T-nuts
- Made in an ISO 9001 factory
- Motor: 3/4 HP, 110V, single-phase
- Spindle taper: MT #3
- T-slots: 2 @ 1-1/8" centers, 7/16" wide
- Head travel: 7-1/2"
- Head tilt: 45° L/R
- Max. distance spindle to table: 11-1/2"
- Swing: 12-3/4"
- Table travel (longitudinal): 7-5/16"
- Table travel (cross): 4"
- Table size: 3-5/8" x 15-3/4"
- Range of speeds: Variable, 0–2500 RPM
- Approximate shipping weight: 149 lbs.