Present: Gardner, Danny M., Rob R., David Glusenco, Martin B., Joe Ngo, Riley, Colin, Max, 5 to 6 others
Quarterly Meeting scheduled for May 6th, 2pm.
Dedicated spaces -- decide to sub-divide the remaining cubical space
Getting rid of abandoned property:
- Start using the space jail again ?
- What is Texas Abandoned property laws ?
- Can we amend the waiver / joining agreement with a provision that property is abandoned after a period of time ?
- Monthly clean of all workstations ?
General agreement to enforce space jail Martin will take over cleaning the fridge regularly
Clearing unused squarefootage, for better usage:
- We will make a committee, Danny Miller chair, to makerecommendations
- Exec: Mike / Gardner
- Questions: 1 and 5 year plans ? Can we grow to 1000 members ?
- Mike: make space more appealing to females and in general
- Question: what is your job as far as handling no-show board members ?
- Gardner: that is part of my job, we've gotten a lot better over time
- Mike: I have no problem calling people out gently, it is a volunteer position and sometimes people burn out
- Joe Narvarez: How are we going to get in on the sweet bootcamp money ?
- Martin: we need a few months to get teachers to trust us, get some other policies in place
- Max: Need to talk to teachers and keep them motivated
- Colin: clunkiness in process, I have to show up just to see if there are students available for the class
- Question about outreach efforts -- Martin discusses SXSW and boy scouts, etc
Announcements: Martin had some Arduinos to re-stock the vending machine with