The following is a change to the Expense policy, proposed on May 15th, 2012. It is still subject to review by the Membership and Board
- Expenses under $50 for a given project are "petty cash" and only need a sign-off from a board member.
- Keep your receipt, follow the instructions in the "petty cash" drawer to be reimbursed.
- Your receipt MUST BE SIGNED BY A CURRENT BOARD MEMBER to be reimbursed via petty cash.
- An un-budgeted expense between $50 and $500 requires signed approval from the Chairman and one other Board member.
- $500(plus tax) is the maximum that can be expensed outside the Budget without Board approval.
- If expensed: Purchase the item, and submit description of the expense + receipt to the treasurer.
- Otherwise, submit a cart/quote/purchase order request to the  and the order will be put in and paid via check or credit card.
- Budgeted and approved expenses over $500 and less than $1000
- If expensed: Purchase the item, and submit an expense report + receipt to the treasurer.
- Once the item has been identified and negotiated, submit the cart/quote/purchase order to be paid for by ATX Hackerspace via check or credit card.
- To ensure the best value, unless the item is only sold by a single vendor, at least two quotes must be pulled.
- If you submit an approved invoice/cart/list to email@example.com, it will be purchased using the company card in a timely manner for you.
- Budgeted and approved expenses >$1k are major capital expenses, which require the Chairman and the Treasurer to counter-sign. These cannot be purchase and reimbursed without the Chairman + Treasurer's sign-off, and must always be paid directly through ATX Hackerspace whether directly or through loan/lease agreements.
- Expenses under $50 can be done as petty cash transactions
- Petty cash transactions must be approved, and signed off by a board member
- The receipt for petty cash must show:
- What the purchase was for. e.g. "plaster for mezzanine" "USB cord for printer" "paper for copier"
- Who spent the money. e.g. "Martin B" "Mark G" (please use first and last name. We have a lot of Matts, Davids, etc)
- Which board member approved the expenditure
- How and if it was paid. "Petty Cash" "check" "PAID"
- The full date (1/1/2011)