I'm interested in:
- Making things with basic electronic components (transistors, resistors, relays; nothing more "advanced" than a 555 timer),
- Laminar flow fountains
- Building stuff with plaster, paper maché, and other simple materials.
I'm skilled in:
- Game design (specifically board games) and the game industry,
- Repairing Apple computers (hardware and software),
- Building basic e-commerce and community sites in Drupal,
- Instructional design.
My current "big" projects include:
Useful tools I have easy access to include:
- A Dremel tool,
- An LCD projector,
- Apple service manuals,
- A radial saw,
- A Sawzall,
- A fairly tall (~15') ladder,
- A 13" x 19" photo-quality inkjet printer (Canon S9000).
Projects I hope to start working on include:
- Building a MAME cabinet,
- Building a simple laminar flow fountain out of "common" PVC,
- Prototyping "happy cubes": Little cellular automata that "communicate" in very simple ways, obeying very simple rules. This project has several simple sub-steps, like better understanding how to use IR and Hall effect sensors, mastering the use of 555 timers in one-shot mode, etc...